SERVES 10-12 pancakes
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|10 MIN||10 MIN||20 MIN + 5 MIN REST|
1 cup of wheat semolina
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 envelope (8 g) instant yeast (Fleischmann’s type)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ cup Montellier sparkling water
2 tea spoon baking powder
Vegetable oil or butter, for cooking
1. In a large bowl, whip the semolina flour, instant yeast, sugar and sparkling water for 2 minutes.
2. Add the baking powder and mix for only a few seconds. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes at room temperature before cooking.
3. Coat a pan with a little vegetable oil or butter, then, over medium heat, cook pancakes about 10 cm in diameter. (Small holes will form during cooking.)
4. Bake almost all of the pancake on the same side, then turn and bake on the other side for just a few seconds.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the pancakes are cooked.
6. Serve with maple syrup or a mixture of honey and melted butter and with berries of your choice.